[lbo-talk] Grappling with Heidegger

Jerry Monaco monacojerry at gmail.com
Sun May 7 10:44:00 PDT 2006

On 5/7/06, Chris Doss <lookoverhere1 at yahoo.com> wrote:

> Hell, without Heidegger there wouldn't even BE a
> Zizek. Or a Sartre, Foucault, Derrida, Merleau-Ponty,
> Lacan, Arendt, Marcuse, Adorno and probably a couple
> of dozen other thinkers I'm in too much of a hurry to
> remember right now. What did Arendt call him -- the
> Hidden King?

Does that mean all these people might actually have to learn to write? I'll admit an affection for Sartre in his popular mode and Merleau-Ponty when writing about the senses.... But the world would have been better off without Heidegger. At least trees and graduate classes would have been better off.