[lbo-talk] Bulletin of Atomic Scientists

John Adams jadams01 at sprynet.com
Sun May 7 13:07:13 PDT 2006

On May 7, 2006, at 1:27 PM, Charles Brown wrote:

> CB: Regardless of global warming, if the rate of increase of the
> population
> were slowed, wouldn't that take some pressure off women who are having
> and
> caring for all the babies and children ?

I'd have to do the actual demographics to be certain, but I believe that would be outweighed by the increased ratio of old to young, which results in lots more labor being devoted to care of the old--not to improve standards of care, but just to maintain them. Assuming sexism isn't solved by that time, the pressure from this will fall disproportionately on women.