[lbo-talk] High point of Bush's time in office? Catching a 7.5pounder

Colin Brace cb at lim.nl
Mon May 8 04:10:27 PDT 2006

There is more from this interview, this time via the BBC:

[after talking about soccer and the upcoming World Cup:]

In a more serious moment, he said he understood German opposition to the war in Iraq.

"The Germans today simply don't like war... And I can understand that.

"There is a generation of people whose lives were thrown into complete disarray by a horrible war."

full: http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/americas/4982338.stm

Unlike Americans, I guess, I suppose, who *do* like war. And by comparison, his little war in Iraq is a nice one.

All this coming from a guy who managed to sit out the Vietnam War with a coke straw stuck up his nose.

--

Colin Brace

Amsterdam