[lbo-talk] America's Anti-Muslim Prejudice

B. docile_body at yahoo.com
Mon May 8 11:40:06 PDT 2006

I bought Arabs and Israel For Beginners (you know, the embarrassing "Witters and Readers" series no "serious" leftist will admit they've bought) several years ago, after over a decade or so of reading Chomsky and Finkelstein and Hermen, et al. I'm not sure how much more nuanced and intricate one could expect one's interpretation of Mid East events to be, after at least a decade of reading that sort of thing.

And also, Joel, you're probably one of the few people on the list that could ever in their lives appreciate the fact I saw Holy Mountain play with World Burns to Death on Saturday night here in TX, and had World Burns to death (WB2D) crash at my apartment, even if my (over-priced) subscription is with MRR and not P.P. =) har har

Cheers,

-B.

Joel Scahlit wrote:

"The real source of the problem you're getting at here - and which I agree about - is the fact that the Left needs to better educate itself about both Islam and Arab culture in general. This is a general American problem that afflicts the entirety of domestic progressive culture, including Jewish progressives. That is how I would put it."