[lbo-talk] Retreat into Racism (was Krugman on conspiracytheories,right & left)

Doug Henwood dhenwood at panix.com
Tue May 9 10:32:24 PDT 2006

Marvin Gandall wrote:

>Who can know? "Hopefully" is the most I'd say. Your confidence is strictly
>faith-based because the proposition has never been tested - at least not in
>an advanced capitalist society like the US.

But in Cox thought: 1) the working class never holds bad opinions, and 2) there's really no way "we" can reach them, because there's no "we," and we have to await unspecified historical developments that will change everything, and 3) those things will change in ways we can't foresee, except that they wouldn't involve invading foreign countries, because of 1).

Doug