[lbo-talk] UK: Home of DIY dentistry

Andy F andy274 at gmail.com
Tue May 9 11:15:14 PDT 2006

On 5/9/06, joanna <123hop at comcast.net> wrote:

> I never implied we had more available dentistry in the U.S.

Sorry, maybe that sounded more aimed at you than I meant.

I'd just like some more quantitative means of saying that the UK has a dentistry crisis. As somebody pointed out, it's kind of curious that the story appears the day after a large normalized study indicating that Brits are healthier than Yanks, plus it plays into the usual prejudices that the US has it the best in the world. Be happy you're not stuck with a sclerotic economy and low European standard of living and all that.

Overposted and out in this shining city on a hill, - Andy