[lbo-talk] Grappling with Heidegger

Charles Brown cbrown at michiganlegal.org
Tue May 9 15:19:20 PDT 2006

Chris Doss

Logic is a human activity. As such it requires certain assumptions about the character of the world (certain comportments toward the world, to speak Being-and-Time-ese) before it can be engaged in. Ditto mathematics or any science, or any activity whatsoever for that matter.

^^^^^ CB: Metaphysics means primitive or first assumptions. And no thinking can go on without first assumptions.

I remember discovering this principle when I was about 17. I think I have it in a diary.

Is it activity or only thought that requires assumptions ?