[lbo-talk] Grappling with Heidegger

Chris Doss lookoverhere1 at yahoo.com
Wed May 10 09:19:09 PDT 2006

Well Heidegger _does_ so that the whole das Man/relation to death/authenticity/falling thing is a structural component in human existence, so it would exist in all conceivable human societies (unless you were immortal, but then you wouldn't be human). But yeah it's greater in the modern world than in most other times.

--- andie nachgeborenen <andie_nachgeborenen at yahoo.com> wrote:

> > On reflection, I also don't see how the modern
> world
> > that Heidegger
> > pillories differs fundamentally from earlier eras.
>
> Quantitative and qualitative changes, companero. Go
> watch Philip Glass' Koyaanisqatsi: Life Out Of
> Balance
> (1983). Or read Marx on the struggle overthe length
> of
> the working day.

Nu, zayats, pogodi!