[lbo-talk] Ahmadinejad's letter

martin mschiller at pobox.com
Wed May 10 20:36:09 PDT 2006

On May 10, 2006, at 5:13 PM, Yoshie Furuhashi wrote:

> No, but both types of speculation are a fool's errand. As Travis
> says, these are serious times, so the President of Iran CANNOT afford
> to look foolish (though the POTUS can and does).

And has accomplished missions thusly.

But I don't quite understand who you think the President of Iran is (or should be) addressing. I presume that the message is addressed to a global audience, and considering the implications of the earlier described Chavez visit, not necessarily a 'ruling class' audience.

Martin