[lbo-talk] even more phone spying

Chuck chuck at mutualaid.org
Thu May 11 13:25:31 PDT 2006

Dwayne Monroe wrote:

> And we shouldn't be surprised.

> The dream of inescapable monitoring is far too
> seductive to die an easy death. Governments have
> probably lusted after "total" surveillance since the
> dawn of the golden age of humans, evolution's special
> talking death monkeys.

As long as ANY state exists, states will do whatever they can to find out as much information about their subjects.

Anarchists have said lots about this, but I recommend James Scott's "Seeing Like a State" for an illuminating analysis of how pervasive state power can be in our lives.

Chuck -------------------------- Bread and Roses Web Design serving small businesses, non-profits, artists and activists http://www.breadandrosesweb.com/