[lbo-talk] Uncle Lou Proyect on 'Giuliani Time'

Doug Henwood dhenwood at panix.com
Fri May 12 06:09:35 PDT 2006

Carl Remick wrote:

>>... "Giuliani Time" ...
>>includes an interview with the good Doug Henwood
>
>Excellent. The other DH is a bummer :)

"He only comes out when I drink my gin..."

Saw the movie last night - and I was pretty good! And the rest of the film is very good. Even if you lived in NYC during the Rudy years, you may not have fully appreciated what a prick he is. There's an amazing scene where Rudy insults a caller to his radio show - makes fun of him for breathing oddly, doubts his claim that his benefits were cut, and offers to send him psychiatric help; it's quickly revealed that the guy has Parkinson's disease, is in a wheelchair, and is living on next to nothing. Etc.

Doug