[lbo-talk] The Greatest of All Time

ravi gadfly at exitleft.org
Sun May 14 16:27:36 PDT 2006

At around 14/5/06 6:53 pm, John Adams wrote:
> On May 14, 2006, at 5:47 PM, ravi wrote:
>
>> At around 14/5/06 12:07 am, andie nachgeborenen wrote:
>>> Who's better, Beethoven or Brahms? Robert
>>> Johnson or Blind Willie McTell? Charlie Parker or John
>>> Coltrane? Michelangelo or Leonardo? Homer or Dante?
>>>
>> I can answer all of those:
>
> And get 'em all wrong, too--now _that's_ a feat!

It isn't much of a feat for me to get 'em all wrong ;-) -- some will assure you that the lbo-archives prove otherwise! So, seriously, you actually like reading Homer?!!! The rest we can argue... but Coltrane over Bird?!?! Come on man! Anyway, we were discussing "greatest" (or rather Joanna and Andie Nachos were; well they weren't but let's pretend they were), neither Coltrane nor Parker are it.

How about greatest street sportbike of all time? The Kawasaki ZX-11, the original Suzuki GSXR or (without doubt in my mind) the Ducati 750ss? ;-)

--ravi

-- Support something better than yourself: ;-) PeTA: http://www.peta.org/ GreenPeace: http://www.greenpeace.org/