[lbo-talk] The Greatest of All Time

Gar Lipow the.typo.boy at gmail.com
Sun May 14 22:32:30 PDT 2006

On 5/14/06, Carrol Cox <cbcox at ilstu.edu> wrote:

You know Carrol, I was responding to a post that said "does anyone really enjoy The Odyssey?" I was simply demonstrating that it is possible to enjoy it based on a complete misreading. You know immensely more about the subject than I do, and I enjoyed the education after following our links.

I'm going to repost them because they are amazingly good:

http://mailman.lbo-talk.org/2004/2004-October/023277.html

http://mailman.lbo-talk.org/2004/2004-October/023300.html

http://mailman.lbo-talk.org/2004/2004-October/023306.html

Interestingly enough, in these posts you are quoting from posts on another list. There you were responding to people with a literary background who managed to make approximately the same mistakes I did - without cursing at them.