[lbo-talk] The Greatest of All Time

jthorn65 at sbcglobal.net jthorn65 at sbcglobal.net
Mon May 15 20:05:28 PDT 2006

On 14 May 2006 at 19:27, ravi wrote:

> At around 14/5/06 6:53 pm, John Adams wrote:

> >> I can answer all of those:
> >
> > And get 'em all wrong, too--now _that's_ a feat!
> >

> It isn't much of a feat for me to get 'em all wrong ;-) -- some will
> assure you that the lbo-archives prove otherwise! So, seriously, you
> actually like reading Homer?!!! The rest we can argue... but Coltrane
> over Bird?!?! Come on man! Anyway, we were discussing "greatest" (or
> rather Joanna and Andie Nachos were; well they weren't but let's pretend
> they were), neither Coltrane nor Parker are it.
>
> How about greatest street sportbike of all time? The Kawasaki ZX-11, the
> original Suzuki GSXR or (without doubt in my mind) the Ducati 750ss? ;-)
>
> --ravi

While the Ducati 750 SS is a good choice the Ducati Desmosedici RR has to be one of, if not the greatest but the PaulSmart 1000 and Sport 1000 are surely the two most attractive sports made today. I'm more of a dual sport kind of guy however and have a KTM 950 Adventure S. I thought I was finished with bikes but apparently not. It was a gift from a family member.

I was disappointed in Carrols replys in this thread. I wanted to know what he thought the best sport bike would be. I've not met Carrol but I imagine him as a Norton Commando 750 Roadster type of guy. If he rode that is.

John Thornton.