[lbo-talk] jury duty

joanna 123hop at comcast.net
Tue May 16 17:11:37 PDT 2006

Doug Henwood wrote:

> I gotta say, there's a lot that's fundamentally wrong with our system
> of government; I'm a devoted follower of Dan Lazare's critique of our
> constitutional system. But the justice system seems pretty solid
> conceptually. Sure there are tremendous inequalities of representation
> - rich man's vs. poor man's justice, etc. But those are problems of
> the larger society. Seems like arguing out disputes before a jury
> composed of ordinary citizens is a fundamentally great idea.

The very smart Armenian/American lawyer who got me my divorce and who was a pleasure to talk to and hang out with spoke rapturously of the jury system and told me that after a lifetime of working with juries he had the outmost respect for the work these people did and was completely convinced that the jury system was the best possible.

Have fun.

Joanna