[lbo-talk] churchill's essay

Joel Schalit managingeditor at tikkun.org
Thu May 18 11:50:36 PDT 2006

sure. but to respect the perspectives of my fellow editors (in their absence from this list), from what I've read, they clearly have a lot of personal affection for Churchill, and their personal experience of him is far more nuanced than any of his political pronouncements or written work. i dislike and disagree with a lot of Churchill's work, but don't detect the same biases in my colleagues estimations of his oeuvre. clearly he's been very active in promoting the work of minority scholars and methodologically heterodox work - one of my colleagues whom he actively promoted is the single biggest french- styled cult studies postmodernist i have ever met. so, this is a curious event in and of itself from this observer's perspective.