[lbo-talk] more Churchill/Holocaust

Dennis Claxton ddclaxton at earthlink.net
Thu May 18 14:37:17 PDT 2006

Sorry, I pulled the trigger too fast the first time I sent this so it was hard to read.

Dwayne wrote:

>the evolution of American attutudes towards
>Native Americans; from vermin that must be exterminated (the 'Indian Wars'
>period) to "noble savages" who, sadly, had to be
>removed to make way for a great nation's rise.

What these have in common is the idea that American Indians were "always already" history. Now that they still haven't gone away, we get the Dances with Wolves attitude. James Luna has done some great stuff about this:

http://www.english.emory.edu/Bahri/ArtifactPiece.html