[lbo-talk] more Churchill/Holocaust

Doug Henwood dhenwood at panix.com
Thu May 18 19:31:32 PDT 2006

Seth Ackerman wrote:

>Doug Henwood wrote:
>
>>Carrol Cox wrote:
>>
>>>"Go West, Young Man"
>>

>>Uttered to the man who settled Grinnell, Iowa, I think.
>>

>It was Horace Greeley, wasn't it? A staunch Whig who opposed both the
>Mexican War and the removal of the Civilized Tribes, I think.....

<http://www.grinnell.edu/Offices/communityenhance/>

Welcome to Grinnell!

...home of Grinnell College, and 9,100 local citizens who together work to make Iowa one of the top ten "most livable" states in the US. Founded in 1854, the township of Grinnell is named after abolitionist Josiah B. Grinnell, the young man to whom Horace Greeley gave his famous advice: "Go West, young man, go West."