[lbo-talk] US looks to arm Iran's neighbors, general says

Jim Devine jdevine03 at gmail.com
Fri May 19 11:42:03 PDT 2006

On 5/19/06, Joel Schalit <managingeditor at tikkun.org> wrote:
> Sure - and its the US' occupation of both Iraq and Afghanistan that
> radicalized Iran's hardliners, brought Ahmadinejad to power,
> creating the present crisis.

I believe that the US favoring of Ahmadinejad's neo-liberal opponent in the election may have also encouraged this result.

> Still, I have about as little sympathy
> for the Iranian government as I do for the American government in
> this conflict.

of course, the Iranians have much less power and can thus do much less evil. -- Jim Devine / "FREE ENTERPRISE, n. A system in which a few are born owning billions, most are born owning nothing, and all compete to accumulate wealth and power. If those born with billions succeed, it is due to their personal merits. If those born with nothing fail, it is due to their personal defects." -- American Heretic's Dictionary