[lbo-talk] jury duty/Real expertise

Jim Devine jdevine03 at gmail.com
Sun May 21 09:53:25 PDT 2006

Doctors
> >don't create diseases that only they can cure.

Bill Bartlett:
> Psychiatrists do.

that's true. My almost-16-year-old son ended up on many too many medications, which made things much worse. Now he's doing fine, with hardly any meds. (on meds: he couldn't and wouldn't read anything serious. off: he's reading up a storm.)

Further, due to the psychiatrists' false fears of my son having schizophrenia or something like it, I read an excellent and authoritative book on the subject. Notable was the author's total unwillingness to apologize for the lobotomies and the like, his total unwillingness to express any kind of humility.

"Our" psychiatrist is relatively humble, but has fallen for the give 'em pills, give 'em pills, give 'em pills philosophy... -- Jim Devine / "TOUGH, adj. A term used by admiring journalists to describe politicians, especially the U.S. president and other heads of state. It normally means: 1) Callous; 2) Having little regard for human life; 3) Ready and willing to shed the blood of others while running no risk of personal injury." — Chaz Bufe