Heidegger in everything! was: Re: [lbo-talk] The eXile pisses allover Britain

Ted Winslow egwinslow at rogers.com
Sun May 21 11:16:55 PDT 2006

Carrol Cox wrote:

> I may have missed something, but when a couple weeks ago I followed a
> URL it took me to a web page in which only the Greek was quoted, and I
> never have figured out _what_ passage in Antigone at issue, let alone
> what Heidegger's interpretation is or the relevance of that
> interpretation to this thread.
>
> I would appreciate a citing of the passage and of an English
> version of
> Heidegger's interpretation. (I have a number of English editions of
> Antigone, so I only need the location in the play; I would need an
> on-line English text of the Heidegger.)

At the Perseus site to which you were directed by the url, you can switch from the Greek to an English translation (different from the English translation of Heidegger's translation) by clicking on the link <English (ed. Sir Richard Jebb)> in the following line at the top of the page:

Editions and translations: Greek (ed. Sir Richard Jebb) | English (ed. Sir Richard Jebb)

I don't think there's an internet available e-text version of Heidegger's interpretation of this passage in Introduction to Metaphysics.

Ted