[lbo-talk] Faux Logo

ravi gadfly at exitleft.org
Mon May 22 09:32:50 PDT 2006

At around 20/5/06 12:36 pm, info at pulpculture.org wrote:
> At 11:48 AM 5/20/2006, Jean-Christophe Helary wrote:
>> Well, maybe he gets it all wrong, but he still needs a pair of shoes.
>>
>> JC
>
> Yeahbutt, what's really annoying is that these same people look down
> their noses at you if you shop at Walmart because that is all you can
> afford. I couldn't afford to spend $100 on a pair of any shoes and never
> have. Nor has my son. I don't _know_ people who can afford that much on
> a pair of shoes. It ends up being a new form of lefty elitism.

So, who are these people who look down their noses at you? I have bought cheaper clothes at Banana Republic ($4 for a dress shirt last month) than at Walmart, but that's anecdotal too, I guess. And what of Western orthodox lefty elitism against other forms of leftism/humanism? I didn't see much refutation on this thread.

--ravi

-- Support something better than yourself: ;-) PeTA: http://www.peta.org/ GreenPeace: http://www.greenpeace.org/