[lbo-talk] repulsive press release of the day

Doug Henwood dhenwood at panix.com
Mon May 22 11:46:22 PDT 2006

Hello All,

I'm contacting you about Dr. William J. Bennett, author of The Book of Virtues and former Secretary of Education under President Ronald Reagan. Dr. Bennett has a new book, AMERICA: THE LAST BEST HOPE, in which he presents a balanced history of the United States. Bennett argues that most books on American history promote cynicism and mull over the low points, and don't allow Americans to take pride in their history. AMERICA: THE LAST BEST HOPE is the unadulterated story of America, which inspires patriotism and highlights the triumphs as well as the tragedies.

I'd be thrilled to set up an interview. Please let me know what times work best for you, or if you'd like a finished copy.

Sincerely,

xxx