[lbo-talk] France: One-Third Identify With Neo-Fascist Right In New Poll

Jean-Christophe Helary fusion at mx6.tiki.ne.jp
Tue May 23 09:18:02 PDT 2006

On 2006/05/23, at 21:53, Michael Givel wrote:

> Immigration tops the preoccupations of those who identify with the
> neo-fascist extreme right with 43%, followed by security (meaning
> crime
> in France) at 31%, unemployment at 14%, and education at 7%. With
> immigration and crime together totaling 74%, it's a clear
> indication that
> this poll reflects the heightened climate of racism in France since
> last
> fall's ghetto riots, which produced two weeks of car-burnings and
> arson,

No, it is a clear indication that when not fed real politics, French, just like any other people listen to people who speak loud and clear. I am not talking about contents here.

The right is totally messed up with the last scandals, the left is busy preparing sneak attacks on potential presidential candidates.

JC Helary