[lbo-talk] Ward Churchill responds to U. of Colorado investigation]

B. docile_body at yahoo.com
Thu May 25 14:48:30 PDT 2006

I learned in public school that smallpox was deliberately inflicted upon natives by whites. And this in the red state of Texas.

"Smallpox Champion" by Fugazi, 1993:

Smallpox champion, U.S. of A. Give natives the blankets warm as the grave This is the pattern, cut from the cloth -- this is the pattern, designed to take you right out.

Here is the frontier with winters so cold Greed informs action, where action makes bold To take all the cotton that's cut from the stalk Weave in the disease that's gonna take you right out

What is good for the future? What was good for the past. Bury your heart, U.S. of A. History rears up to spit in your face. You saw what you wanted, you took what you saw. But we know how you got it: Your method equals wipe out.

The end of the frontier and all that you own, under the blanket of all that you've done Memory serves us to serve you yet, Memory serves us to never let you wipe out

Smallpox champion, you'll get yours

-B.

Charles Brown wrote:

"So, the 'offiicial' , ok, evidence from white people says that the small pox came from a blanket or blankets."