[lbo-talk] Re: artsy

J cogprole2 at earthlink.net
Thu May 25 19:58:58 PDT 2006

On May 25, 2006, at 7:10 PM, carroll wrote:

> I mean how many Botticellis, El Grecos,
> Monets, and Picassos can we tolerate before we get drowned in so much
> art that art disappears? The kinds of "art activity" discussed in this
> thread are, perhaps, ways of dealing with that impending overload of
> great art.

you are talking about art history. after a specific amount of time (25-30 yrs?) art ceases to be relevant in anyway other than a historical document. talking about picasso is like discussing antiques...a piece of furniture. museums try to confuse this issue. art in the classic sense. painting, sculpture (any shit you would see in a gallery or museum) is obsolete now anyway. so it's already disappeared? no because i hear those moving pictures are very popular these days.