[lbo-talk] Ward Churchill responds to U. of Colorado investigation]

joanna 123hop at comcast.net
Fri May 26 23:07:14 PDT 2006

Fear in what sense?

1. Because as the giver of life, woman also gives death (symbolically) -- the child buries the father.

2. Because in their dealings with women, men must play by a whole different set of rules. In this new game, strength doesn't matter, bravado doesn't matter, nothing "matters" in the same way as with men. Control, especially doesn't matter. And boundaries are completely different. This can be scary.

Joanna