[lbo-talk] Ward Churchill responds to U. ofColorado investigation]

tfast tfast at yorku.ca
Fri May 26 23:50:45 PDT 2006

> The committee: "But as a scholar, one must "look" not only to confirm
one's
> hopes, but also to face the possibility that the evidence may disconfirm
> them. And even if one finds more evidence for the truth of one's beliefs
> than evidence against them, all of the evidence must be acknowledged and

Wow! Can you imagine what would happen to the authors of intro to micro and macroeconomics texts if they were judged by this standard. That would be something. Not to mention all those upper level econometrics classes on shaping data and fitting curves. Let the Truth be Told Even if the Heavens May Fall. If only. What self serving indulgent nonesense

Churchill maybe a shitty scholar but as the song says "in this he is not alone." That he is playing for the wrong team is the only moral to this story that I can see.

tfast