[lbo-talk] Ward Churchill responds to U. of Colorado investigation]

Chris Doss lookoverhere1 at yahoo.com
Sat May 27 03:12:55 PDT 2006

I suspect for something so near-universally prevalent in human societies as gender-based social stratification one should look for very broad reasons, probably in the structure of human reproductive biology and its relation to the environment (control of population size, family structure and so forth). (Yes I know there are matriarchal societies, but they're really rare.)

(Preparing for the flame war!) ;)

--- joanna <123hop at comcast.net> wrote:

> I have always thought that men's oppression of women
> stems from 1) their
> fear of women and 2) the more general principle of
> ownership of the earth.
>
> Joanna

Nu, zayats, pogodi!