[lbo-talk] Oliver Stone to make film of Venezuela coup

Marta Russell ap888 at lafn.org
Sat May 27 13:40:05 PDT 2006

My daughter who is working on a film with him now says that Oliver is denying that he is doing this film. It could just be his quirky way of navigating the world, who knows. Marta

On May 25, 2006, at 4:52 PM, Colin Brace wrote:

> [I look forward to reading the review in the WSJ]
>
> http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2006/05/21/
> AR2006052100817.html
>
> Reuters
> Sunday, May 21, 2006; 7:00 PM
>
> CARACAS, Venezuela (Reuters) - Venezuelan President Hugo Chavez said
> on Sunday that Oscar-winning director Oliver Stone was planning to
> film a movie about the 2002 coup in Venezuela that briefly ousted the
> former army officer.

-- Tax the Rich Marta Russell Los Angeles, CA http://www.martarussell.com/

"Eternal vigilance is the price of liberty\power is ever stealing from the many to the few... . The hand entrusted with power becomes ... the necessary enemy of the people. Only by continual oversight can the democrat in office be prevented from hardening into a despot: only by unintermitted Agitation can a people be kept sufficiently awake to principle not to let liberty be smothered in material prosperity."

Wendell Phillips, an abolitionist, in 1852