[lbo-talk] Bob Again (Was National Review's Top 50 )

arash at riseup.net arash at riseup.net
Sun May 28 15:42:59 PDT 2006

Dennis wrote:

> wouldn't label X a racist or homophobic band, nor The Germs, whose lead
> singer Darby Crash was queer (and penned some great lyrics), nor Fear, who

Maybe Darby Crash wasn't homophobic, but did you miss the scene in "The Decline of Western Civilization" where he and his girlfriend crack up laughing as while recounting how they found a dead house painter's body at some party, Darby referring to him as a "wetback."

Also, which songs contain his great lyrics? The only one I remember from my very brief interest in The Germs was some poorly written song about his disgust with people being propagandized in the Soviet Union.