[lbo-talk] Bob Again (Was National Review's Top 50 )

Carl Remick carlremick at hotmail.com
Mon May 29 07:41:53 PDT 2006

>From: Louis Kontos <lkontos at mac.com>
>
>(The only other poet-musician that can rival Dylan -- in my view --
>Leonard Cohen, has never had his work taken apart so casually and
>aggressively.

Good comparison. Only Leonard Cohen can rival Dylan for sheet talentlessness. Whenever my wife (a big Cohen fan) starts playing a Cohen CD in the car, I threaten to get out -- even if the car is moving. Cohen may be the dreariest musician ever to stand before a microphone. He sounds like a 78-rpm record played at 33 1/3 rpm's.

Carl