[lbo-talk] Chom v Fouc

B. docile_body at yahoo.com
Mon May 29 16:51:19 PDT 2006

FYI: that "debate," of which I've read transcripts, was fairly on realized to be not really a debate between the two, as they agreed on too much. It's got one of Chomsky's strongest statements of support for anarchosyndicalism in it.

I've got a weak spot for Foucault for a variety of reasons. After his death, Chomsky would write of Foucault:

"Take Foucault: With enough effort, one can extract from his writings some interesting insights and observations, peeling away the framework of obfuscation that is required for respectability in the strange world of intellectuals, which takes on extreme forms in the weird culture of postwar Paris. Foucault is unusual among Paris intellectuals in that at least something is left when one peels this away."

-B.

<http://www.chomskytorrents.org/>