[lbo-talk] Neocons in the Democratic Party

Carl Remick carlremick at hotmail.com
Tue May 30 07:19:16 PDT 2006

>From: "Steven L. Robinson" <srobin21 at comcast.net>
>
>Neocons in the Democratic Party
>
>By Jacob Heilbrunn,
>The Los Angeles Times
>
>DON'T LOOK now, but neoconservatism is making a comeback - and not among
>the
>Republicans who have made it famous but in the Democratic Party.

[I guess for Democrats the line "Give me your tired, your poor" now refers not to people so much as to ideas. Weary impoverished thinking is all the Dems welcome these days. In any event, the neocon POV is well en route to history's ash heap:]

Noam Chomsky: Why it's over for America

Published: 30 May 2006

An inability to protect its citizens. The belief that it is above the law. A lack of democracy. Three defining characteristics of the 'failed state'. And that, says Noam Chomsky, is exactly what the US is becoming. In an exclusive extract from his devastating new book, America's leading thinker explains how his country lost its way ...

<http://news.independent.co.uk/world/americas/article621899.ece>

Carl