[lbo-talk] Matriarchy/Patriarchy

B. docile_body at yahoo.com
Tue May 30 11:49:50 PDT 2006

Gar, the point I was making, if you'd read the rest of my email, was that anything humans do, from rape and genocide, to eating a vegetarian diet and having gay sex [which I also mentioned], shows that humans must have some hardwired capacity for it. Your email was attacking a position I didn't voice. You lifted one quote out of context and made a funny, basically attacking a strawman.

In other words, nothing in my post disagreed with what you say. In fact, my post was a polemic against folks who use the pharse "such and such is natural" to justify oppressive policy -- my point was anything humans can do, by virtue of their doing it, is "natural."

-B.

Gar Lipow wrote:

"The point being distracted from here, that my 'laundry list' was making, is that the word "hardwired" in meaningless combined with the world "capacity". Anything a human being can do without surgical or chemical alteration is a "Hardwired capacity'"