[lbo-talk] Noam v Michel

Mike Ballard swillsqueal at yahoo.com.au
Tue May 30 19:50:07 PDT 2006

Tommy Kelley wrote: It's an extra from Manufacturing Consent.

It took me two hours to download the thing, but thanks Doug! I especially liked Noam's sum up take on how the progress towards freedom occurs through various human made manifestations: law, philosophy, politics--kind of Hegelian of him. In short, we make history within the confines of our era. Noam acknowledges Michel's point: yes we do live under class dictatorships of one sort or another but, as Uncle Chom point out, the race keeps nudging the wheel towards greater liberation (sublating the past into the present).

Regards, Mike B)

Read "Penguins in Bondage": http://happystiletto.blogspot.com/