[lbo-talk] Adam Hanieh, "Canadian Union Takes Important Step against Israeli Apartheid"

Angelus Novus fuerdenkommunismus at yahoo.com
Wed May 31 17:18:02 PDT 2006

--- Louis Kontos <lkontos at mac.com> wrote:

> I have picked him up. What should I look for in
Adorno >in your view?

_Einleitung in die Soziologie_ is the shiznit! Essential for understanding anything about the world.

Not that I presume to understand anything about the world now. But if I were to start understanding the world, it will have been as a result of encountering this book. I assume it must be available in English. Too essential not to be.

Also, the Elements of Anti-Semitism chapter from Dialectic of Enlightenment. And "Erziehung nach Auschwitz" And "Was bedeutet: Aufarbeitung der Vergangenheit?"

Adorno helps us to understand how we produce the blocking of our own self-realization on a daily basis.

And how we are implicated in the promotion of capitalism, fascism, and all other sorts of nasty things.

At the very least, it should immunize one against the perception that capitalism is a conspiracy of capitalists, or that fascism is just the domination of the most reactionary sectors of finance capital.

The deaths of Palestinians under Israeli occupation is inconsequential compared to the number of people killed in Latin America and Africa as the result of the normal functioning of the capital relationship. But the former case offers a more attractive projecting surface for those who wish to discover an evil subjective will behind abstract social relationships.