[lbo-talk] Femmes -- a call for submissions -- Please post freely!

info at pulpculture.org info at pulpculture.org
Thu Nov 2 15:04:40 PST 2006

Please pass along this call for papers for an enthology edited by a friend who has cool taste in shoes. HA!

VISIBLE: A FEMMETHOLOGY an anthology of writing on queer femme identity

Editor: Maria Angeline Publisher: Merge Press Submissions Deadline: March 15, 2007

Anticipated Publication Date: Spring 2008

Femmes are still invisible. Society can't see past our heels to hear our stories, so we must continue to build platforms for our voices. Visible: A Femmethology, a forthcoming anthology about the power and complications in presenting femme as a gender and breaking the traditional meaning of feminine, aims to showcase blunt, personal essays exploring what "femme" means to those who claim it as an identity.

Give me your experiences, your inner dialogues, your theories and practices. Please do not send fiction, poetry, erotica, or any material to which you do not fully own the rights. I am seeking prose that is thoughtful, analytical, raw, challenging, exploratory, and uniquely you.

Submissions must be sent as Word files with text in 12 point Times New Roman font. Essays must be previously unpublished, 1500-6000 words in length, and typed double-spaced. You may submit more than one essay.

Author maintains and controls the copyright of their essay and licenses their First North American Rights to Merge Press for publication purposes. Author retains the right to reprint the material in any publication.

Send SUBMISSIONS ONLY to Maria Angeline at femmethology at mergepress dot com. Include your legal name, pseudonym (if any) you wish to use, address, phone number, email, and the bio you would like to appear in the book if your selection is chosen for publication. Put the title of your essay in the subject line of the email. Each essay must be emailed separately.

Send questions to Maria Angeline at maria.angeline at mergepress dot com.

Visible: A Femmethology, an anthology of writing on queer femme identity, is expected to be released in 2008. Do not email to inquire about the status of your submission after you receive a confirmation that it has been received. It is not possible to respond to all email inquires. Once selections have been made, every person who has submitted work will be sent an announcement. Please do not submit material if you do not regularly check your email.

Send a MySpace friend request to Visible: A Femmethology at http://www.myspace.com/femmethology

Visit http://www.femmethology.com for project updates.

Please post freely!

"Scream-of-consciousness prose, peppered with sociological observations, political ruminations, and in-yore-face colloquial assaults."

-- Dennis Perrin, redstateson.blogspot.com

Bitch | Lab http://blog.pulpculture.org