[lbo-talk] Become a vegetarian or rot in hell!!! ;-)

Carrol Cox cbcox at ilstu.edu
Fri Nov 3 05:40:35 PST 2006

ravi wrote:

> At around 2/11/06 7:49 pm, Carrol Cox wrote:
> >
> > If we reject vegetarianism as an ethical imperative out of hand, as I
> > do ... I believe Rosa Luxemberg (who would have sneered at
> > PETA)...

Well, this is one matter on which I'm with the majority. Most people simply don't think meat-eating raises any ethical questions -- and they think so "out of hand," as I do. In other words, I don't even think it a question worth debating, and neither do very many people.

I of course have no objection whatever to people practicing vegetarianism. I don't judge people's private consumption practices, and I ignore judgments of _my_ private consumption practices.

Carrol