[lbo-talk] Become a vegetarian or rot in hell!!! ;-)

Chris Doss lookoverhere1 at yahoo.com
Fri Nov 3 07:11:01 PST 2006

--- John Thornton <jthorn65 at sbcglobal.net> wrote: As a trainer of therapy animals I can tell you that animals can reciprocate. I'm not talking about conditioned response, I mean animals form a bond with humans and willingly engage in reciprocal behavior for people with whom they form attachments. The certainly have no concept of rights as humans have but we do not know what concepts they may or may not form with regards to such things.

---

Most HUMAN BEINGS historically have not had the concept of rights. The roots of the idea only go back to, I think, Thomas Aquinas.

For the record, we have a word for people who act like they do not think animals suffer. That word is "sociopath."