[lbo-talk] My interview w/ World Burns to Death

Carl Remick carlremick at hotmail.com
Fri Nov 3 14:36:49 PST 2006

>From: "Charles Brown" <cbrown at michiganlegal.org>
>
>CB: Being honest , no. It's just like I say above. I know the power and
>strength is not coming from me, so it's not "I" who is making this thing
>go.
>The power doesn't come out of my foot and go into the car. I really am not
>trying to rain on anybody's fantastic sensation. I've just never indulged
>the illusion myself, and that's my habit. But I am happy for those who do.
>You only live once.

Maybe some other vehicular excitement will appeal, Charles. How about piloting a tank, tractor trailer or steam locomotive? All those power fantasies plus more -- even the chance to drive a bus, hubba-hubba! -- are advertised right on this website:

Driving Activities and Driving Experiences in the UK

Whether you want to hurtle round a professional circuit or would sooner take on some serious off-roading we offer a shed-load of driving gift ideas ....

Choose from uber-expensive sports cars, ridiculously powerful genuine Formula One cars, grippy rally cars, mud-loving 4x4 vehicles, speedy motorbikes, hard to handle tanks, nippy quads, hulking great HGVs, elegant steam trains, evocative steam traction engines and more - this ... [selection] really does have it all!

For some of these activities you don't even need to take the wheel to feel the adreanlin madness of speed or agility as we offer high speed passenger rides. Don't forget, on many of these activities spectators can also ride alongside the driver or pay for a high speed passenger ride, making it fun for everyone!

<http://www.intotheblue.co.uk/site/pages/the-driving-experiences-2.aspx>

I also ran across a US website offering similar services, but the UK site does a better job describing itself (natch). Actually there seem to be a number of UK sites offering thrill-driving experiences. Which is kind of strange. "Normal" driving on some of the UK's exceedingly narrow back roads, often offering zero visibility of oncoming traffic, can be thrilling enough, thanks.

Carl

_________________________________________________________________ Get FREE company branded e-mail accounts and business Web site from Microsoft Office Live http://clk.atdmt.com/MRT/go/mcrssaub0050001411mrt/direct/01/