[lbo-talk] Borat

Carl Remick carlremick at hotmail.com
Mon Nov 6 09:59:32 PST 2006

>From: "Dennis Perrin" <dperrin at comcast.net>
>
>My review of this fine film

Sorry, you lost me at "fine." I'd rather spend a month in an Abu Ghraib cell than five minutes watching "Borat." I say that more in defeat than censure, since contemporary (i.e., cringe) humor is something that, like string theory, I've long since given any hope of understanding. Starting with Andy Kaufman, extending through Tom Green, refined via Ricky Gervais and now reaching its apotheosis via Sacha Baron Cohen, the whole premise of showcasing loutishness as a supposed satiric commentary on loutishness strikes me as funny-peculiar, not funny-ha-ha.

Carl

_________________________________________________________________ Get today's hot entertainment gossip http://movies.msn.com/movies/hotgossip?icid=T002MSN03A07001