[lbo-talk] Become a vegetarian or rot in hell!!! ;-)

John Thornton jthorn65 at sbcglobal.net
Mon Nov 6 10:19:12 PST 2006

You still don't seem to get it. Anosognosia is a psychological phenomenon induced by neurological damage. That it effects cats identically to humans shows a form of equivalence beyond mere 'wiring' in the brain. This is neurological data that clearly shows the actual thought process involved in seeing, well beyond just image projection, that humans have is not exclusive to humans. While not demonstrating equivalence in suffering it strongly suggest that other thought process beyond mere wiring should be near equal as well. Especially with regard to something as primitive as suffering.

It doesn't prove animals suffer but it strongly suggests that higher mammal forms should. Dismissing animal suffering as unproven is like dismissing climate change as unproven 10 years ago. You're clinging to an overly pedantic standard of proof and don't seem to want to admit to that.

John Thornton