[lbo-talk] What the results tell us...

Michael J. Smith mjs at smithbowen.net
Wed Nov 8 04:44:16 PST 2006

On Wednesday 08 November 2006 00:55, chuck at mutualaid.org wrote:
> The Democrats will be pushed by their supporters to launch
> investigations of the Bush regime and that will totally block the ability
> of the Bushites to continue their crazy imperial policies.

Interested in a small wager? I bet this doesn't happen.

> I think this political change will carve out some important space for the
> radical left. ... The challenge now
> is to organize our side and figure out ways to push against the Democrats.

Any "pushing against the Democrats" that might have been possible (and it wouldn't have been much) should have been done before they got into office. Now that their cunctatorian strategy has "worked" to the extent of getting some of their snouts at the trough, they will be utterly impervious to pressure from the likes of us. Their goal was to get inside the fortress, not reduce it. Now that they're inside, we will simply find the fortress more numerously manned.

But of course I could be wrong. Bottle of Haut-Brion says I'm right, though. Any takers? Winner to be decided two years from now by a poll of lbo-talk readers.

-- --Michael J. Smith --mjs at smithbowen.net

http://stopmebeforeivoteagain.org

"You have heretofore read public sentiment in your newspapers, that live by falsehood and excitement; and the quicker you seek for truth in other quarters, the better." --W.T. Sherman