[lbo-talk] What the results tell us...

Doug Henwood dhenwood at panix.com
Wed Nov 8 08:01:20 PST 2006

On Nov 8, 2006, at 10:41 AM, Julio Huato wrote:

> Potentially, this is a shift to the left.

In a relative sense, yes, but as much as it pains me to admit it, the uber-conventional Ron Brownstein is probably right - the Reps were too ideological, too far to the right, and the U.S. electorate wanted something mushier and more centrist. I'm guessing Pelosi is going to try to act "reasonable" and bipartisan (I hope The Nation doesn't reprise its "Ready to Rumble" Pelosi cover), so it'll be interesting to see how Bush & the Congressional Reps react.

Doug