[lbo-talk] What the results tell us...

Chuck chuck at mutualaid.org
Wed Nov 8 09:03:40 PST 2006

Wojtek Sokolowski wrote:

> [WS:] I was not referring to your post, and I am sorry if it looked that
> way. I was referring to Democrat bashing in general, which seems to be a
> blood sport on the Left.
>
> I really do not understand what can possibly be gained by demeaning people
> who, for better or worse, are on our side. There is no third alternative,
> period. All "third parties" are a joke as they fail to get any substantial
> support even in two-way races (cf. Green vs. Democrat). People who want to
> "vote their conscience" treat them as a "real" alternative, but they are
> really Trojan horses in two-way races, implanted to take away votes from
> main parties.
>
> Democrats may not be Mr. or Ms. Perfect, but what is wrong with going to bed
> with them if something can be gained from it. It is just politics, nobody
> is asking to marry them :)

Of course there are alternatives. Even the election results last night disproved the prevailing nonsense about "Blue State vs. Red State" and the idea that the left should pander to evangelical voters.

Is anybody going to talk now about making alliances with evangelicals? No.

I am an anarchist. As such, I oppose the American system and see the Democrats as being the same as the Republicans. Even the election night pundits last night were talking about this similarity. Something about "Blue Dog Democrats."

I'm sorry, but I just don't go to bed with people who repulse me.

Chuck