[lbo-talk] What the elections mean for the unions

Doug Henwood dhenwood at panix.com
Wed Nov 8 14:34:14 PST 2006

On Nov 8, 2006, at 5:17 PM, Jim Straub wrote:

> I hope I don't have to phone bank for a dem again for a real long
> time now...

Eeek, how could you!?!?!??!

I kept struggling with my inner Trotskyist last night. I'd quietly cheer each projected Dem victory and then the Trot at the back of my mind would say "It doesn't matter. They're just two wings of the same party of capital." The inner debate is still going on today. I predict the inner Trot will score strong gains when Pelosi starts talking about healing or some shit like that.

Doug