[lbo-talk] Re: Nothing's The Matter With Kansas

Wojtek Sokolowski swsokolowski at yahoo.com
Wed Nov 8 16:49:46 PST 2006

--- martin <mschiller at pobox.com> wrote:

> What do they say it _is_ ?
>
> On Nov 8, 2006, at 3:52 PM, BklynMagus wrote:
>
> > But friends who know the man say that faith is not
> > a prop for him.

[WS:] Does it really matter? I find this discussion itself far more interesting than its subject: second guessing the motives of an openly x-tian politico who lost an election.

Ethnic minorities have their fair share of conservative politicians, and people on the left start noticing it. Yet the old habit of knee-jerk assumption that ethnic minorities or the poor can do no wrong dies hard. So here we are: upset by a politician mixing politics and religion, and chastised for being upset because that politician happens to be a minority person. Political correctness hanging itself on the rope of its own making.

Wojtek

____________________________________________________________________________________ Want to start your own business? Learn how on Yahoo! Small Business. http://smallbusiness.yahoo.com/r-index