[lbo-talk] What the results tell us...

Michael Pollak mpollak at panix.com
Wed Nov 8 17:25:24 PST 2006

On Wed, 8 Nov 2006, Doug Henwood wrote:

> Greg Palast was kinda wrong, eh?

My impression was he had kind of an unfalsifiable position. He said the Dems were spotting the other side 4.5%. And he then exhorted the Dems to roll up such a big margin that they'd win anyway and said they could. And I bet that's what he'll say happened if we ask him. And since uncounted votes are by nature uncounted, there's no way to say it didn't happen like that. Heck, for all we know, it's been happening like that for decades (i.e., the Democrat margin always represents a big discount over what it should have been in an alternate universe).

Michael