[lbo-talk] $300 for a drink with Greg Palast!

Doug Henwood dhenwood at panix.com
Wed Nov 8 19:24:37 PST 2006

Max Palevsky and Jodie Evans, Lyn & Norman Lear, Marge Tabankin & Earl Katz, Paul & Deborah Haggis, Jackson Browne, Theresa and Blaise Bonpane, Cindy & Ed Asner, Ben Veeren & Larry David

Invite you to meet the award-winning New York Times Bestselling author and Investigative Journalist, Greg Palast.

Palast and his international team of award winning researchers and producers are launching a new series of investigations too difficult, risky, costly, and controversial for the mainstream US media to attempt, including "The Theft of 2008"

Please join us as we show our support for the non-profit Palast Investigative Fund which finances the Palast team's groundbreaking reports.

Honorary committee:

Alec Baldwin, Alexandra Paul, Reverend Jesse Jackson, Bonnie Raitt

Next Thursday, November 16, 2006 6:00pm through 8:00pm

Cocktails and Gourmet Buffet

$300 per person, $500 for two (501c3 tax deductible donation)

At the home of Max Palevsky and Jodie Evans Beverly Hills, CA

(Address & further information to be provided upon RSVP / Ticket Purchase)

Space is very limited -- RSVP / Reserve Tickets Now

You can RSVP online by going to the Palast Investigative Fund website and purchasing a ticket at the following link:

http://www.palastinvestigativefund.org/november-16th-fundraiser

If you are unable to attend but would like to donate to the Palast Investigative Fund please visit us online at: http://www.palastinvestigativefund.org

THE PALAST INVESTIGATIVE FUND: The Palast Investigative Fund supports those investigations which are too difficult, risky, costly, controversial or difficult for American newspapers, radio and television to attempt. We pursue these investigations and then disseminate these reports through traditional and new media – with an emphasis on reaching individuals and organizations whose goal it is to work to affect policy and systemic change. Info at www.palastinvestigativefund.org and www.gregpalast.com